Saturday, September 4, 2010

Levi Marshall - 8lbs 2oz, 19in

Levi gave us a nice little surprise as he came 3 days early (well actually 10 days early from his due date). I was scheduled for a c-section on August 31st and he decided that he would make mommy go into labor anyway… knowing full well that Bishop (Dr. Bruce) was out of town. Okay, maybe he didn’t fully understand that part ;)

So here I go on Saturday, the 28th at about 5pm getting mild contractions. I had joked about going into labor before the c –section but I never actually thought it would happen. 10pm rolls around and they are pretty painful and I was sure I was in labor. So Mike and I put Max to bed and packed our things and left Max and Aya (Soin) home while we headed to the hospital.

By the time they finally checked me, I was dilated to 4cm. They immediately called Dr. Lythgo and Dr. Lythgo told them to have me ready in 30 mins! Ah! Woah, it was all happening really fast!

This time I was awake during the surgery. What a weird experience! I felt all the pulling and tugging and pushing, but no pain. It was really scary. The benefit was that I was able to hear little Levi’s first little cry and I actually conscious enough to hold him and nurse him and admire him right after he was born. I also had my wonderful husband there telling me how great I was doing the whole time and how beautiful I was.

We came home on Wednesday and so far recovery is going well. Nursing is a bit of a challenge, but not nearly as bad as it was the first time around. Mom has been in town helping with Max while we adjust to having a newborn again. Max absolutely loves his baby brother. He calls him "Baby Tummy," Not Levi. Sometimes he'll compromise and call him "Baby Tummy Levi." I guess he understands that this is the baby that was the one that was in Mommy's tummy. Oh well, I think it's cute :) He's adjusting pretty well. It's easy to see that he craves extra attention. I try to give it to him as much as possible. Ever since we got home, Max has been telling us he loves us all the time. He says, "I wuv you, Mommy" or I wuv you, Daddy" and "I wuv you Baby Tummy." He's such a sweet boy. Geesh, I'm so blessed! I have not 1, not 2, but 3 of the sweetest boys in the world for the rest of my life!!


What a miraculous thing it is... giving birth. It's amazing what the female body is capable of.

We are so blessed to have another perfect little boy. We love you Levi and Maximilian.

Here he is:

Levi Marshall. 8lbs 2oz, 19 inches

Sooo tired here!

5 comments:

Our Paper Plates said...

Yay! Congrats! He is a cutie. Hang in there with breastfeeding!! Sending our love - Burner family

Lizzy said...

You're so pretty, and you have 3 great boys now!

Domestic Bliss(ters) said...

You look so beautiful Bianca! Wish I looked that good after giving birth. So happy for you guys, he's so handsome! And dang, 10 days early and still 8 lbs! That's a big boy!

Aston Family said...

He is perfect! Congrats on your newest addition!! Can't wait to see him! So glad this experience was more enjoyable for you!!! :) Love to you all!!!

georgeandmarie said...

so precious!! Congrats!!