Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Don't Live in a Mansion.

Mike and I are awake at about 2am... probably not a good idea, being that Max will probably be up in four hours... ah well.

I had to finish an assignment for class and then we looked online at tons of $15,000,000 and $50,000,000 homes in Rancho Santa Fe. It was fun seeing all of these ridiculously gorgeous houses and their acres of land, gigantic pools with fountains, and bathrooms that are bigger than our apartment.

Surprisingly, it got me thinking about how much I love my life in our little apartment with our community pool and our bathroom barely big enough for the two of us. Don't get me wrong, I look forward to the day when we can have our own home, but all I ever really dreamed of was being a wife to a loving, righteous husband, and a stay-at-home mother to my children. This is what I wanted to be when I grew up. Now I'm grown up and I have it all.

A $50,000,000 home on the beach doesn't compare to what I have. I have an amazing man to call my own; a man who charishes me and loves me for who I am, a man who everyday strives to provide our family with a good life because he loves us, a virtuous man who is a wonderful example to me and so many other people. I have a beautiful son; a piece of my heart and soul, a pure spirit who helps me strive to be a better person, a boy who loves me unconditionally, an angel with eyes that tell me everyday that he loves me.

What a dream come true it has been... life is wonderful.

I haven't even mentioned all of the materials things that I am blessed with... no, I don't live in a multi-million dollar home but I have things that most of the world's population only dream of having; a roof over my head, good food to eat, a car to drive whenever I want, a cell phone, a computer, a refrigerator, disposable diapers for my baby, and the list goes on and on and on.

One day my dream-come-true life will move into a house to call our own. Where and when that may be doesn't really matter as long as we're together.


2 comments:

Aunt Rhonda said...

Amen....that was so beutifully said. If only half of the world had those values. Trust me money does not buy happiness. True happines is the peace and contintment in your soul that only true love can bring. Only then will you appriciate all your material things(no matter how big or small). I'm so proud of the woman you are Bianca. Love you!

Lizzy said...

Aww what a nice post! Thank u for sharing a fresh perspective, it's nice to hear some positivity :)