Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to our Little Angel!

BIRTHDAY BOY!!!

IMG_4700

Max, I can’t believe you are a year old today. It seems like it was just recently that I held you in my arms for the first time. I remember when we brought you home from the hospital; you and I were in your room by ourselves and I was rocking and nursing you. It was then that I realized how much I love you and what an amazing blessing you are to me. I cried and cried as stared at you and your perfect little body and felt your perfect little spirit.

I just can’t believe that all it took was 9 months for you to come. I would go through those 9 months 50 more times if it meant having you as my son. Your daddy and I must have done something right to have been blessed with a perfect angel in our lives.

You really are perfect, Maximilian.

I wish I could protect you from all the evil and hurt in this world. I wish I could catch you before you fall, hold you every time you’re sad, tuck you in every night, and keep you away from anyone that would ever hurt you for the rest of your life. I know that this isn’t how life works so I’m going to do my best to raise you to be strong, faithful, patient, and kind. I’m going to do my best to raise you so that you will make choices that will enable you to reach your highest potentials.

You are my baby. Thank you for loving us and bringing us so much happiness.

Love, Mommy

Max 033

Max, you are so rad but stop growing up so fast. Please stay little forever so I can carry you around. If you grow too big then you won’t be able to curl up in the crook of my arm and fall asleep. I love how happy and smart you are. Remember to always give mommy and daddy besitos when we ask for them. If you do then you can keep having fun playing and laughing and getting into the cupboards. Finally, don’t think just because you are 1 you can do whatever you want. I love you so much. Love, Daddy.

IMG_3474

4 comments:

Terrence said...

Happy Birthday Max!!! Marshall your an awesome dad Max is lucky to have you.

Aston Family said...

I can't believe he is one!!! Happy Birthday Max!!! He is very cute!! You two are great parents! :)

Lizz said...

It was a fun birthday. Thanks for coming out to visit :)

The Mortons said...

AWWWW! I love this post. I can't believe how big Max is now. He looks like a little boy! I can't wait to see you guys in Buckeye! love you